Sep 1, 2010

Week 39 (and 4 days) of Pregnancy doc visit and NST

So.. I promised details to those who follow the blog and I guess I have to deliver! The doctor's visit went well overall. I still haven't gained much weight over the past couple of weeks, even though I've been eating more..which seems crazy! I am not heartbroken though. :)

The doc said everything looked great. The baby's heartbeat is strong and my cervix is low and easy to find. My baby is head down, I am still 2cm and my fundal height is still measuring 39-40 which is essentially full term.

Even though things look great, since I am close to my due date the doctor wanted to schedule the induction ahead of time. She gave me two dates, the 9th and the 13th. Out of those I chose the 13th. I thought it seemed weird that she thought that was the end all date for me..when that's only 9 days after my due date. She also scheduled a NST (Non-Stress Test) today which was weird because usually they only do that after you are due. I went through that and of course the baby was completely fine.

I called the doc and left a message asking why I had to be induced on the 13th..why that would be the last day I could wait until my baby comes. I also asked if I could wait until a little later on in the week, you know closer to the 2 week mark. They called back and said that there was no medical reasoning for the 13th date. It was just when she would be in the office. She didn't want to go beyond that date at all because that would be "waiting until the last minute". Yeah I am not happy. Hopefully this baby will come and it won't be an issue! I think I am just going to roll with it since 9 days may not be that bad and I'll probably be ready for the baby to come if it hasn't come by then. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment