Sep 29, 2010

Anything for my baby girl....

Met with lactation today.... turns out baby girl has issues sucking when feeding. So that combined with my lack of supply is causing her not to get enough food when she feeds off me. Which in turn has caused her to cry more and gulp more air to have gas issues. It's a vicious cycle. They had me try out a nipple shield and that kinda helped some with her being able to latch appropriately and such better.

So... here's the current feeding plan. Feed the girl as much as I can during feeding times using a nipple shield.If she's still hungry, they want me to supplement either with formula or preferably my expressed milk. Then after I do that, they want me to pump for 20 minutes. At night I'll solely feed her and not worry about pumping. So all that plus the herbs to try to bolster my supply. If that works then great. If not, there are a few medications I can take to boost my supply. I hope it doesn't come to that...but anything for my baby girl is good.

That's the current update. Gotta make dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment