Then they wanted me to do pitocin to help it get the rest of the way, so I got an epidural. I labored down for 7 hours and got to 10cm, then I pushed for 2 1/2 hours. The baby was moving down but basically got stuck and would move no further. Turns out my pelvic bone or hip bones or whatever were too narrow for the baby to make it out. Unfortunately for the last part of the pushing, my epidural wore off and I felt the full effect of the pitocin! :(
Because there was no way the baby was coming out vaginally, the only choice was to do a c-section. The baby was also face up. I had to have double to dose of the epidural because I could still feel stuff with just one. But 36 hours after the time we originally came to the hospital we had our little girl! She came out of the womb literally eyes open when they went in to get her. She was head up and was kinda crooked in there as well. :) I am so glad she's here!
Born 09/12/10, 7lbs 10ounces at 7:55am. Jennavieve Elizabeth Reed
Eric's been AWESOME throughout this whole process. He's stepped up and totally took over care of Jenna, changing her, swaddling her and whatever else she's needed while I was confined to a bed. We're still working on breastfeeding...it's kind of hard and she's stubborn, but we're hopeful. :)
Okay...this is the first chance I get to eat REAL food...so I gotta go! Write more later but those are the details.
Glad your both doing well! Congratulations to you and Eric on your new little bundle of joy. She's beautiful!! :)
ReplyDeleteBreastfeeding can be really hard. no one told me that and it got very frustrating. But keep it up and you'll both get it. Sometimes it is harder after a c-section (although at this moment in time I can't remember the exact reason for that). Keep up the good work, so glad you have such a great team :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Eric and Christine! Can't wait to meet little Jennavieve!
ReplyDeleteOh! and as for breastfeeding - don't hesitate to ask for/get help from a lactation consultant, (but you probably already know that).
Congrats on your new baby! She's a beauty!
ReplyDeleteOh man Kristine I am sorry to hear about the complications! That must have been pretty hard. But you were so strong to keep going all the way to 7 cm until they had to give you the epidural because of the pitocin - I give you much praise for that. I cannot even imagine. I can only hope I am half as strong!
ReplyDeleteBut - like you said - I am SOO excited she's here finally! And she is so cute! I see Eric in her already! :) I am so proud of you mommie, and of your new family. As for breastfeeding - don't give up! :) I know it's going to be a challenge too but I will be right there with you soon! Then I can lament too! :) Love you girl!
I am so sorry about all of the complications! That is a long time to be in labor and doesn't sound fun. I am just thankful that she is here (hooray!!) and that you both are doing well!! :) She is precious!!! :)
ReplyDelete