She got weighed this morning and I think she was 6lbs 14oz. So she's lost quite a bit of weight. We are still on track to leave today since my incisions and stuff are looking good, but before we can go we have to prove to them that we've got nursing down and that she's getting enough food. The doctor came in this morning to check on us and her and she said she wasn't concerned about the weight, especially knowing what we'd been going through with the nursing and how we've (by the grace of God) tackled that. I think we are on the right track to help her. I told the doc about what the nurses/hospitals said about nipple confusion and she said as long as we can tell she knows the difference between the nipple and pacifier, that by all means give her one and just smile and nod to the hospital people. :) So that made us feel a lot better to have the doc on our side.
Right now she's sleeping, Eric's showering and I am taking a moment to check e-mail and update the blog. We really appreciate all your prayers and support. It's been kinda a blessing to be able to have internet here and to check comments and know that we have so many wonderful friends and family supporting our journey into parenthood. It's also been nice to share these moments with you guys as well!
We don't know when we'll be going home today, I guess it might be later after Jenna's figured out and they take out my staples. (yikes!) But we look forward to going home and being a family without the constant interruptions from doctors and hospital personnel. So I guess prayers that she gains enough weight during these next few hours from feedings. (Which I think will work since my milk is coming in....) Thanks!
Glad you got sleep! Amazing how wonderful each little bit becomes huh? Couple thoughts:
ReplyDeleteThe staples coming out don't hurt as much as you'd expect (or didn't for me) Leaving them in was way worse! :)
If she still has tummy problems, you might look into acidophilus for babies (natural food store). All the antibiotics could have effected her too and she might just need some good bacteria to battle it out!
Way to go Mama and daddy!
Thank you for the continuous updates! :) I am really enjoying them (and learning from them!).
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you finally got to rest a little too.
Also glad that you have the doc on your side about the pacifier...goodness that sucks you had to go through that!
Glad too that your milk is coming in and things are progressing in the breastfeeding dept...that gives me hope too! :)
Love you and thanks for all the posts! Looking forward to chatting with you again! :) I miss you!
Praying for Jenna to eat up =) so you can go home!
ReplyDelete