Sep 25, 2010

Oh the joys of b. feeding...

I realized I haven't posted in a little while, well that's because I've been slightly busy with a fussy little girl. :) Jenna's decided that nursing is going to be a little extra difficult. She fights me all the way until I get her latched on, then she calls a truce and plays fair. We've met with the lactation people and things were going great there, but they still want me to boost my supply so I am taking some Fenugreek to help that. Apparently it's going to make me smell like Maple Syrup.... that should be interesting.

No one talks about how difficult it is to breastfeed a newborn. Seriously...every few hours?!? And with a battle at every session it proves quite the effort to keep it up. Oh I am supposed to try to pump too.. In my spare time. :) It's kinda maddening really this whole process. But I keep reminding myself that this stage is the stage where they eat all the time, sleep all the time and wet diapers all the time. Oh and cry all the time. I remind myself that it hopefully will only last a few months, then the fun begins with her being more interactive. I've decided this stage of the baby's developement isn't for me, not my fav. Especially the crying at night part because of gas pains and nothing helping. Yeah, that's awesome.

Eric's been great about changing her diapers occasionally and holding her and feeding her from bottle when I do express some milk. But he goes back to work next week...which means it's just me and baby. I can't lie and say that I am looking forward to this alone time. It's been kinda rough for me regarding this whole process and I just hope to keep my sanity when it's just me and baby 24/7 with no help until Eric comes home from working all day. I am trying to think about how to make things easier for myself...and things are getting a little easier but it's going to take some time.

I guess I look forward to the stage when the baby is more interactive.....right now there's not much to do other than read to her and talk to her (oh and feed and change her). I am debating on joining a mom's group or helping one to start forming. I also am going to start BSF on Tuesdays since I can take her with me and see how that goes. Social interaction will be key I think to my sanity. Now if only I could figure out the trigger to these headaches...

2 comments:

  1. I found breast feeding to be the hardest thing I have EVER done. Harder than college and PA school. And lemme tell you, PA school was HARD!

    Good luck to you. I never ended up smelling like Maple Syrup, but knew plenty who did. I also hear that Rootbear has some stuff in it that helps boost your supply. :)

    ReplyDelete