He stepped up in so many ways. He went with her to the nursery, learned how to swaddle and change her and soothe her. He did everything I couldn't do and it was amazing to watch him naturally and wonderfully step into the role of a father. He's mastered taking the car seat in and out, opening the stroller, changing her, swaddling her, holding her, feeding her my milk from a bottle.... everything. It's really amazing.
He not only stepped up to be the amazing man I knew he could be for her, but he also stepped up for me. He helped me with my c-section stuff, made sure I had food by ordering it or cooking it, made sure I took my meds, offered to hold and feed the baby so I could rest...I say this over and over again but it's really really amazing to me. I love him more and more every day. Right now he just came back from going to the grocery store to get the long list of items we need at the house. Just anything we need as a family he steps up and does. It's amazing how having a little one changes your life. I am thankful and blessed to have a wonderful husband like Eric Reed. :)
I know that sounds cheesy....but I wanted the world to know via blog how I feel about this man. It's indescribable, yet I am overjoyed he picked me to be his wife and the mother of his child. :)
As someone who's husband is exactly the SAME way... we are some blessed girls! They truly know what it means to love their children and wives the way the Lord loves us. :)
ReplyDelete