It's hard being a milk machine. Being the only on to satisfy your baby's hunger needs. I am going to try hard to pump more today so that Eric can feed the baby too. He really loves her and loves interacting with her, especially feeding. He told me last night that if I could pump enough that he would take over a feeding so I could sleep 4 hours straight. Unfortunately last night it didn't work out that way...but tonight might!
Today I think is going to be another good lazy day around the house. We do have some things we'd like to get, but we might stick to ordering them online at this point. ;)
Well I need a nap, baby is taking a nap...so it's perfect timing. We'll write more later...
Jenna will eventually get her nights and days straight! Hang in there! I understand completely about being a milk machine! I had a break down shortly after KaeLee was born because we had so many visitors and I felt like she didn't know who her mommy was because the only time I ever got to hold her was when it was time for her to eat! It gets better though! Sleeping during the day is hard, but if you are able to pump enouogh for Eric to feed her, that's AWESOME! Keep going, I'll be praying for you guys!
ReplyDeleteAs soon as your milk supply has leveled out and you've gotten the hang of feeding, I highly suggest you work hard to let her have at least 15-30 min. of non-eating wake time out of every 2.5-3 hrs - that way you can help her body differentiate between day and night. There's more details and advice in the must-read book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer, but for now, my "nutshell" should get you off to a good start. :)
ReplyDelete