Sep 9, 2010

Doc Appointment Update

Well today I had my scheduled appointment with my doctor. I am officially 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I do feel it too! I had a different nurse this time, but she was nice. I think they train new nurses from the colleges or something sometimes.

Okay here are the details. Hopefully I've left enough space so that it doesn't show up on my facebook page for those who don't want to know. :) That's mostly why I preface most entries with some intro paragraph. Cause I am sure my guy friends don't want to know the intimate details of my pregnancy. So TMI alert, if you don't want to know details...don't read further.

Things are going well! I gained 1-2lbs, which I fear is all baby weight gain and not me. The doc said the baby definitely is bigger. My blood pressure is great, pretty perfect. My fundal height is 40-41cm now and I definitely feel bigger! My cervix is lower, the baby is lower and I she said I am WAY more effaced than last time. (And last time I was 80 percent effaced.) I am also 2-3cm dilated. She said I've done most of the hard work already. :) She said my body is definitely ready for labor. Now if only the baby would get the picture and decide to trigger it!

We also talked about why she chose to have me scheduled to be induced on Monday. Turns out because this is a small hospital, many times you can't get in to be induced on the date you set. Often times she said patients have to wait a few days before being able to get induced. She didn't want to schedule me for later on in the week and then have me wait beyond 42 weeks to get induced.

When Eric and I went to get the non-stress test yesterday the hospital was PACKED and every available room was taken. We had to do the test in the nursery! The hospital of course places priority on the women who are in labor or in emergency situations. So knowing how it was when we were there, I do agree with the doctor's decision to schedule induction for Monday. At first I couldn't understand and I was frustrated, but I do understand the reasoning and why and I know of the possible complications. I also know God has a plan and will protect me and the baby. :)

So that's where I'm at right now! The doc and I agreed that prayer is the most important way I can prepare for the baby. God knows when this baby is going to come. I hope it's before I have to get induced, but if I need to get induced...it'll be okay. I am in good physical condition and have faith it will all go well.



2 comments:

  1. That's good to hear Kristine. Praying that your little one will grace us with her presence VERY soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! We are lifting you up in prayer! We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete