Sep 11, 2010

In labor!



They won't let me log into Facebook, but I know this will post to Facebook! Muhahaha! At around 8pm last night my water broke and we went to the hospital. They admitted me and here I am. I've had two doses of the antibiotic for group B strep (given every 4 hours) and have so far by the grace of God alone been able to bear the contractions without medication. They checked me a long time ago and I was still only at 3cm, but... that was a while ago!

I've since gotten some rest and had some more contractions of course. They are getting progressively harder, so I think that might be a good sign that something is happening. I am letting Eric rest since he's been under the weather. My parents drove down from Washington, but instead of going to our house, they've insisted on waiting at the hospital. I couldn't change their minds so I figured whatever...it's their decision. I am going to worry about myself!

So far I've found singing through hymns and breathing deeply have helped me deal with contractions. I don't know how much worse they are going to get, or if they'll just get more intense as time goes by. I plan on trying to do what I can to deal with them by the grace of God so I can stay mobile and do what I would like to do. We'll see what happens though!

I am not sure if I'll be able to update this before later on today, but I thought I'd post something so people could know! Prayers are definitely appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited Kristine! I'm so glad you were able to go into labor natrually like you wanted to! :) Can't wait to hear that the baby is here. Best of luck during labor--you are amazing and I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm soo excited for you! Your glowing! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Eric. Hope delivery goes smoothly and you get to see your new lil' one soon. :)

    ReplyDelete