Warning....don't read this if you are squeamish at hearing about needles. :)
So today I had to go back to get my blood drawn because the nurse could not get it yesterday. I drank TONS of water (and got sick in the morning cause I forgot to eat) and even bought a cheap hand warmer to put on my hand to help the veins to become more prominent. Unfortunately, this was all for nothing.
I got to the doctor's office and the nurse that tried to take my blood yesterday passed me off to another nurse. This nurse tried to stick me in the arm (much to my protestations because it usually only works in my hand) and what do you know.... she didn't get anything. She poked and prodded and nothing. She then passed me on to another nurse.
That nurse seemed more confident. She tried in my hand again, but didn't get anything. It hurt like hell because she was moving it all weird, but nothing. She then tried in the other arm. Nothing. She wasn't willing to try any further, and had the other nurse refer me to the hospital to get my blood drawn. By this time I had gauze in both arms and on one hand. I was kinda emotional feeling and managed to keep my tears of frustration back.
I went across the street to the hospital and got to the desk. By this time I had to go to the bathroom. When I got there they were working on the bathroom, but this nice older guy helped me find the other bathroom. I got back to the desk and they had to check me in. The nurse asked me all sorts of info about myself and where I worked since I'd never been to this hospital before. Then she put a bracelet on me with my name and sent me down the hall.
I traveled down the hall and forgot almost immediately where I was supposed to go. I headed towards the emergency room and ended up asking someone where to go. I got there gave them my info and she had me sit in a chair. I was nervous because I had already been poked a few times that day. I took off the gauze from the other times so she could see and check where to poke me.
She found a vein and got me the first time. She decided to get a huge tube so she could fill the little ones and it worked perfectly. THANK THE LORD. I wonder whether we'll get billed for the doctor office's failure or not or how much the hospital lab will cost us. :( I told my little one, "This is all for you baby, hope you appreciate it!".
No comments:
Post a Comment