So I've heard people tell me over and over again, "Cherish your sleep because once you have kids, you'll never sleep the same again." Or this, "When you have a newborn you are going to wake up multiple times in the night and never sleep. So sleep now and enjoy it!"
Well, I would sleep and cherish it if I could, but lately I've been getting up multiple times in the night to use the bathroom. The little life inside of me is growing and that growth, however small it is, is right next to my bladder. They say to drink lots and lots of liquids to help the baby grow. Well that's awesome except at night I wake up over and over again. I don't think I've had one solid night's sleep in a few weeks.
In a way this is preparing me for the new arrival in March. I'll be used to getting little sleep, perfect! :) Seriously though, I feel that it's been such a blessing to have my first trimester in the summer. To have that nausea that I had and now my stomach issues and to have to continue to take off from work, that would have been really hard and miserable. I'll have my third trimester in essentially winter time and the baby will come just in time for spring! So yes, I'll have to be careful not to waddle out on the ice in my third trimester, but at least it'll be cooler than this summer!
Again, my husband has been such a wonderful man during this time. He's taken me yelling at him in my mood swings (which have been short in duration), gone out to get me things I've needed and has really cared for me and our little one. I make sure to show him my appreciation, I don't want to lose this man! :) I love him so much, which is good....cause he's my baby's daddy. I am excited for our baby to get to know him and for him to teach our baby many things.
Now if only I could figure out way to sleep at night (without putting a bedpan in the bed, don't worry I would NEVER get to that unless medically necessary) and to control these stomach issues.... that would be AWESOME. :)
I can't believe we will have our babies at the same time! We will go through everything together via the internet ;) Haha!! Good times! AND what everyone says IS TRUE! The first few weeks of having a newborn = no sleep/new mommy fog! You think the hormones are wack now, just wait sistah! I was in a mommy fog-funk for a month! And lack of sleep does not help :) Oh the joys...! But really, it is soo worth it. It's such a wonderful thing to watch your beautiful little baby grow!!
ReplyDeletehaha yeah totally! So you are due in March? :) I am glad that we have the internet so we can keep in touch. :)
ReplyDelete