I figured it out in my head what I wanted to write, got the computer and sat down....now I can't remember. I'll do my best though! Just wanted to give you a heads up...in this post I might talk about things that could be labeled TMI...so...fair warning.
Today was a great day, we got to visit with my Aunt Jan, Uncle Joe and Janelle for about 4 hours. We talked about all sorts of things. My aunt dropped off some books for me to look at. It was good to see them. Even though we live only 40 minutes away we all usually are so busy we don't see each other. I'm glad we all made the effort to schedule in some time to visit. :)
These past couple of days I've been extra tired and weak. Last night wasn't cool.... I was up with gas pains and constipation. It was so painful! I always get that feeling that possibly it couldn't be gas pains and maybe it'll be preterm labor (miscarriage) pains. But that's me being paranoid and worrisome. Today I've been feeling a little of it, but it's off and on. I am trying to figure out if it's something I am eating or not eating. It could be that I am not drinking enough liquids, so I am trying to remedy that tonight.
A couple of days ago I had some troublesome stuff show up ( I won't go into detail, you can ask me separately...which can be normal during pregnancy) and mild abdominal cramps. I waited on hold for an hour to talk with the advice nurse and she told me to rest for two weeks, no heavy lifting, no sex and to drink LOTS of liquids. So we'll see....
On a more serious note.... I haven't had morning sickness the past couple of days. Which actually makes me worry. To be honest with you as annoying as morning sickness is, at least I know when I have it that I am pregnant! So... I am kind of hoping it comes back...
To our little one...
Your momma and daddy love you very much! We consider it a joy to have you with us even though you are still in the womb. You are still precious to us and we cherish every day we have with you. We can't wait to see your growing body at our next visit. You should have formed arms, legs and a nose too! Your heartbeat should also be audible. We love you dear baby.
Well, they say your digestive system slows down during pregnancy, even BEFORE you start running out of room inside. And the slow pace causes things to get extra digested in certain parts of your system where they're not supposed to be, and the bacteria takes advantage of that, and therein lies the gas problem. Solution: avoid things that CAN cause gas, even if they're not normally a problem. Namely, fiber (beans) and dairy (cheese). Enzymes should help too. And the solution for constipation is miralax. That stuff is wonderful, and shouldn't give you any side effects or problems to worry about with Baby.
ReplyDeleteYeah, your morning-sickness hormones are supposed to peak at 13 weeks, so I feel your worry. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to find out, and even if there was a problem with Baby's development or your hormones, you might not actually miscarry for another month. :(
BUT NEVERMIND THAT. WE DON'T WANT TO THINK ABOUT THAT. :)
Hang in there! Love the blogs! Keep 'em coming!