So I completely forgot that I could post in this blog about the pregnancy. I'd kept this blog to write my thoughts in and then I went and put them on Facebook instead, of course forgetting not everyone in Facebook land is as into me being pregnant as well...me. :)
I am um... 16 weeks pregnant now, although I feel like I am further along. My first trimester I had bad food aversions and didn't feel like cooking at all. We basically had a lot of pre-made or boxed food. Now that I am a few weeks into my second trimester I feel much better. I actually meal planned this week, which is something I haven't been able to do in a while. My body thanks me for it too.
Right now every day at 4pm my body goes into sleep mode. I am fighting it right now by blogging. It's been the strangest thing. I am guessing my body just needs more rest for the baby to grow. I've been super emotional lately too, so I think hormones tend to have something to do with it. It probably doesn't help that we are in the process of buying a house and potty training our daughter. I just like to do all the transitions at once. :)
Lately I've been studying up on VBACs (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Section) and trying to decide whether it's right for me. I've talked with many wonderful friends who are well educated on the subject and towards the end of this month I plan on talking with my doctor about it in more depth. It's definitely not something to take lightly. There's risk involved, but there's also risk involved in a repeat c-section. Then there's the higher risk of infection if I end up getting a cesarean anyhow after a TOL (trial of labor), so there's a lot to think about. Those that know me, know I don't step into anything without fully researching it, praying about it and talking with husband about it. So please don't worry about me if a VBAC or RCS (Repeat C-section) scares you. Just know I am going to make the most informed decision possible and have my doctor's approval.
I am getting more and more excited to find out the gender of this little one. At the end of March, right after we move, I'll be getting the 21 week long ultrasound. I might be able to get a video too so I can show our daughter. She's just as excited about this baby as we are, although sometimes she forgets the baby is there. :) We look forward to helping her continue to be excited and to love her new sibling. This will be my last pregnancy, so our daughter will be the only one to have the momma is pregnant experience. We figure strongly if we are to have more kids, we'd like to adopt them.
Sorry I am so scatterbrained, I am just trying to write down things before I fall asleep. I'll be more on topic the next blog post. Thanks for all your support!
Love,
Kristine
No comments:
Post a Comment