Feb 28, 2013

18 week appointment

Today I had my 18 week appointment with the new doc. I turn 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow. The appointment went well, the baby's heart rate was 140 and we found it right away. I had a good talk with this doc about my desire to do a TOL (Trial of Labor) to hopefully have a VBAC. She was pretty supportive and seemed positive about things. She just reminded me that August c-sections needed to be scheduled in advance and the deadline for that was next month I think. So likely I'll see the latest she's willing to hold out and pick that date. I really don't want to go beyond 42 wks.

I know lots of friends have had babies after 42 weeks and I had Jenna at 41.5 weeks, but I feel I'll be okay if the doc holds out that long. It'll all depend on how I am doing and how the baby is doing medically. I am not about to put us at risk. If I do end up with a c-section, it'll be on my terms and pretty specific. I forgot to ask the doc about skin to skin in the OR, even though I know it's been done at that very hospital. Next appointment at the end of March we'll have our ultrasound, find out the gender and I'll give her my birth plan with the VBAC stuff as well as the RCS stuff. This time, I'll be prepared. :)

Now to figure out if I want a doula and if so, to figure out who and convince Eric to go with it. He thinks the whole word doula is weird, and I agree, it's kinda odd. I don't know how I feel about having someone with us 24/7 as I am more comfortable and relaxed with just my husband. We'll see....


No comments:

Post a Comment