Oct 16, 2010

The Sweetest Thing...

So I've realized that I still haven't posted the birth story, and well might not post it due to TMI. :) But... I did want to share something sweet my husband did for me while in the hospital and when we went home.

In the hospital I had a c-section and was confined to the bed. Eric totally stepped up and took care of the baby, I've told you that. I am not sure if I mentioned that he also helped me in and out of bed and to the bathroom. He took care of both of us perfectly.

When we got home I was still in recovery from the c-section (and technically still am). It was hard to move around, he helped me put on pants and shoes and other things that were difficult for me. When it came time to sleep at night, I went to the bed but I could not get up on it. This was due to my c-section and not really being able to move my legs beyond a certain point nor use my abdominal muscles (I did have major surgery!). He went around and tried to find something for me to step on to make it easier. In the hospital I had a step stool and that really helped me get into bed. He tried a tool box and some wood thing but those didn't work because it was hard to even step up on those things.

I decided that maybe I just was going to have to sleep on the couch or something. Eric wasn't having that though and he began to think of how to help me. While I was feeding the baby in her room I heard this banging coming from the bedroom. I asked him if he was okay since I couldn't get up while feeding her and he said he was okay. When I went into the bedroom after feeding the baby I couldn't believe my eyes...he had taken the bed apart and put the mattresses on the floor! It was the sweetest thing! I could easily get in and out of bed AND get this..the bed felt tons better!

At first I thought it was because I was sitting in a hospital bed for days in and days out...but we realized the bed was finally supported the right way when it was on the floor. So on the floor it's stayed and we couldn't be happier. But.. I just wanted to share with you how wonderful and thoughtful my husband is! I praise God for him. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I remember after my c-section Nate having to hoist me out of the bed every time I needed to nurse. If only we had turned our bed into a low rider :)

    ReplyDelete