
Jenna's one month old today! Yes, it does seem to go by fast...but honestly I am glad we are getting closer to the six week mark! She is starting to smile every now and then and respond to our voices and actions. She's a very curious girl who loves to look at the clouds and anything outside. She also loves to face out when we're carrying her so she can see the world.
Taking the Truck
Today we made a trip to the grocery store with the truck. Eric took the car so we kinda had no choice but to try the car seat out without the base. Don't worry, it's made to go in vehicles with or without the base. I saw the instructions for how to install it without the base on the side and I put it in the car. On the way to the car though the sweet older lady from across the street practically ran over to see Jenna. She hadn't seen her yet and was dying to meet her. She told me that she was making Jenna a quilt!A Quilt! Isn't that sweet of her! I need to visit that lady more often. She's got family but they live out of town so she doesn't see them that often. She's pretty busy with her clubs and things which is awesome. I can't wait to see the quilt she's making Jenna. :)
Grocery Store
I went to the grocery store with Jenna kinda awake but not screaming (a definite plus). She did pretty well in the cart and I quickly rushed around the store with my list in hand to get the items I needed before she had a meltdown. We made it to the check out line where she started to cry a little more, and I pushed her pacifier back in her mouth to help soothe her. When we got to the car she started to cry, but at least I got mostly all the groceries I needed!
Crock Pot Meals
So I've got this cook book called Fix it and Forget it. It's a book of crock pot meals. I've decided that as hard as it is to cook during the day when I am taking care of Jenna, I should at least attempt to take out the crock pot/slow cooker and see how making a week or so of meals in that works. Plus, meal planning definitely helps in the food budget. Something that's taken a hit this past month when we were in survival mode!
Right now the girl is sleeping in her swing, or at least calm.....no...she's sleeping. Yay! I might start blogging a monthly letter to her like I see other mom's do. I think later one she might really love to read them. :)
K... I am out!
Blessings,
KR
No comments:
Post a Comment