Aug 9, 2010

In the 37th week of pregnancy.. (36 weeks 2 days)

So this is the post I was going to type, but sometimes you just never know where your heart is going to take you when you start to write. The post previous to this one is something that needed to be said. Now on to the fun stuff!

This baby could come at any time!!!
I cannot believe that this little one could come at any time AND be healthy! What a blessing! They say by the 37th week of pregnancy the baby is considered full-term and can be born safely. Yes everyone is different and every pregnancy is different, but that's the average. I still have a feeling this baby will be coming sooner than later. I could be completely wrong, but it's such a strong sense that I have and I can't shake it. Maybe it's just me knowing that the time is coming near, we'll see when our little one arrives.

We finished more things with the baby room!
This past weekend we worked on the baby room a little more. Eric finished painting the baby room closet and it does look a ton better than it did before. I am so glad that we decided to paint the trim in that room! The dark brown looks great. He also spot stained the baby's crib where there were scratches and dents and it looks great for being used! (Remember we got the crib off of craigslist) I washed sheets and got them on the crib. He also started sanding the baby changing table. We decided to go ahead and stain it to match the crib. That is still a work in progress.

I tried to sew a cloth insert...
Yesterday I tried my hand at sewing a cloth insert to put in the baby's gdiapers. Yeah...didn't work out like I had hoped, but exactly how it was supposed to I guess. I made a flannel pocket and created a triple layer microfiber towel insert to go inside. It fit well and looked good. It even soaked up water well...but the baby would still be wet and most likely have a diaper rash. So..scratched that idea.

I tried to make a baby kimono shirt...
I also experimented with making a baby kimono. I took a side snap shirt and dismantled it and sewed other fabric over it... it turned out okay, but needs work. I figured out a pattern I think and I might go with that. I am hoping to get it done before the baby comes so that she can go home in it (if it's indeed a girl) but we'll see.

This week I am making curtains and finding baskets..
This week I am making baby curtains. We need to get the curtain rod and figure that stuff out first though, so it might take a couple of days before I can start that. Eric picked out the fabric and it's adorable. I'll show you the finished product when it's done. :) I am also going to find some baskets to put in the bookshelf that will go in the baby's room. In those baskets I'll place children's books (I have just a few....) and children's toys. On top I'll place the MP3 speaker set and the baby's airplane lamp. :)

I've gotta organize this room!
Since the baby's room is painted I can finally add things into the room again and free up the guest room! I am excited to organize things and put them where they need to be! In fact... I should go do that now! I'll post more pictures later!

Blessings,
Kristine


No comments:

Post a Comment