Today I had my 37 week and 5 day doctor appointment. Eric went with me this time. It was a nice visit.
I am putting the details on this blog in case it's TMI for Facebook. :) So.. the baby has dropped a little which is good, it means I am making progress. I am still at 2cm and she didn't say anything about effacement so I am assuming that's the same. I am measuring at 39-40cm so that means the baby is still growing well. :)
However I got the results of the Group B Strep test and unfortunately I do have it. : ( So that means that I'll have to have IV antibiotics while I am in labor. But as I was telling Eric, there are worse things that I could have. It's good that they caught this because it means that they can treat it and help prevent the baby from getting sick with pnemonia or other illnesses that the baby could get from passing through the step. I guess 1 in 3 women get this, so it's not uncommon at all. I am not excited about the idea of an IV, but sounds like I just get a 20 minute dose every 4 hours so I should be able to still move around like I want.
Other than that things have been going normal. I've had some cramps/contractions here and there but I didn't know they were contractions until today. So that helps me to actually identify them! We've got most of the projects figured out at the house and are ready for the baby to join us. We still need to get a baby monitor... and Eric needs to finish the changing table. He also needs to pack his hospital bag. Other than that we are set. I am attempting to try to make some baby shoes to see if I can do it. :)
We'll keep you updated!
No comments:
Post a Comment