Jun 10, 2013

32 week appointment

Obviously, I've had many doctor appointments during this pregnancy, however I felt this one was particularly blog worthy. :)

I had to bring Jenna with me. Yes, my two and a half year old went to the doc appointment with me. She behaved fairly well except for when we got in the actual exam room, then she decided we should go. See she is a fan of doctors, but also not a fan of them. She gets weird whenever we are in hospitals and doctor offices because she knows something is up. But did I decide to write this blog post because Jenna was with me? Not really...

The doc went over my blood glucose numbers and agreed that I don't need to take any blood sugar meds right now. Things seem under control and I am working hard. My weight is down, but I am eating healthy and exercising so she said she wasn't worried about it.

We also went over my birth plan, and that is what I am most excited about. She pretty much agreed with everything that I put on my plan. We had the opportunity to talk about how she does things and no matter what birth I have, VBAC or RCS, barring something wrong with me or the baby, it should be able to happen just the way I wanted it. She said that they could do skin to skin in the OR and that if everything was looking good, I could do that. She also said that they could wait to take the baby's blood glucose until after the first feeding, they also could wait to weigh and bathe the baby until I wanted as well too. If I am having trouble nursing, she said they could use the SNS system and that was the standard at this hospital.

She was hopeful that the baby might come at 38 or 39 wks and that maybe we might not have to have a c-section. She agreed to everything I said I wanted for a natural birth in my birth plan and said they had the type of monitoring devices I wanted.

It's just so very nice to talk with a doctor and to have them listen to you! Also to have them be up on the research as well so they agree with what you're asking them to do, rather than be stuck in the dark ages and not agree to anything. I am getting excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment