Apr 30, 2013

Reflecting

Lately I've spent a lot of time reflecting, I think it has to do with the lack of sleep and pregnancy hormones making me nostalgic or something. But lately I've been reflecting on friends. Friendship is something you have to work hard to obtain and keep. You can't just have friends, you have to meet people, get to know them and trust them then let them into your life. Some people are easier to let in than others and some just aren't the right fit. The past few days I've been kinda mourning the "loss" of easy friendships that I had in other areas of Washington and in Oregon and elsewhere. I am still friends with all these dear people and will be forever, but it's just not the same was it was when we could just "hang out" together whenever we wanted.

Up here it's been work to make friends. Some friendships I feel I need to work at and are more work for me in return. I haven't met many people (only a couple) yet up here that I feel like myself with and feel like I can invite them into my home. Part of that is that we haven't quite found the right church fit for us yet. That is a process within itself that I won't get into yet. But once we figure that out, hopefully things will be easier to get settled into and meet people around our age at our stage in life.

Until then, I go to play dates, go to church and hope that there are some moms who are hoping to connect with me as much as I am with them. It can get tiring being the newcomer all the time, but at least I am learning how to do it right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment