Apr 20, 2013

Two?

I can't remember if I posted on here, but we found out that we're going to have another little girl. We're quite excited about it. Her name will be Lillian or "Lily" for short. Jenna is super excited to be having a little sister even though she can't quite comprehend why or how there's a baby in my tummy or when the baby will be here. She's wanted Lily's ultrasound photo with her at times and even wanted me to post it on the wall so she could sleep by Lily. I have a feeling when Lily comes Jenna will be excited.

It led me to think about when Lily does come. Two girls. Two GIRLS in the house. Most of you know I grew up with two younger brothers. I never had a sister to share all the girly stuff with and my mom is wonderful and lovely but doesn't do a lot of the girly stuff. So I never really grew up with figuring out hair, makeup and nails and all that jazz. Sure I dressed up, but ask me to put on makeup other than mascara and well it throws me for a loop. So I am trying really hard to learn and figure out this girly stuff so that my girls grow up knowing how to do it. Or at least when they get to that age we'll try things out on each other and figure it out.

But it's honestly really hard for me to grasp that there will be a baby here in August. I feel so unprepared. Yes, I know how labor might or might not go, yes I have a crib and a car seat so I guess on a very basic level we're set. But I was counting down the months and there's not a lot of time to get things done before Lily arrives, especially since we moved into a new house. I went online to register for some things and I realized that there are actually a lot of things out there that are more helpful than when Jenna was a baby.

I did realize that I haven't set a shower date or anything yet and I hear others have already figured that out. I don't really know who would host or what since it's the second baby and there's always a certain etiquette. I am one that loves to plan and get things figured out way ahead of time. I know it could be at my house since I finally have a place big enough, but I don't know much else. Things like this sort themselves out right? We'll see. My pregnant brain worries. :)

I am looking forward to having two girls around. My poor husband will be so outnumbered. But he's as excited as the rest of us. Until August it's time to plan and dream and figure things out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment