Jul 8, 2013

36 week appointment

I've been slacking in the update department mainly because I've been so tired.. Between taking care of my toddler and taking care of some extended family stuff, I've been exhausted. By the time I get to the computer to blog all I feel like doing is sleeping. Which I totally feel like doing now, but I thought I should update since I have more information.

Had my diabetes appointment this morning. For Gestational Diabetes, not normal diabetes, I don't have that. My fasting levels were up in the morning for the past two weeks due to a combination of stress and eating fatty proteins for my night snack. (Milk/Cheese) I thought for sure they'd put me on meds, but they decided to give me another week to get things in check.This means less stress somehow, exercising more after dinner and having more lean proteins at night. Hopefully this combo will be the winner for me. I'd hate to get this close and then have to go on meds right before the end.

After my diabetes appointment I rushed upstairs to get to my growth ultrasound appointment. Because I have gestational diabetes, there's a risk the baby could get bigger, misproportionate, the placenta aging faster and more fluid in there. I am pleased to say that Lily looks great. She is growing fine and measuring 2 days ahead of their projected due date. They estimate her to be 6lbs 11oz and healthy. So so far, me having the g diabetes but maintaining the strict diet they put me on has been helping Lily to be okay. Thank God.

When I was done with that appointment I went out and waited to be called for my OB appointment. The doc was late due to a surprise c-section. I got measured and checked and it seems I am right on track as well and just measuring a little ahead. She checked me and it seems I am 1-2cm dilated and 75% effaced. So who knows...maybe the little miss might come early. However I remember being this way with Jenna as well for a few weeks.

I talked with the doc briefly because last time she gave me a consent form to sign regarding VBAC. (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) I am still scheduled for a c-section August 1st, but the issue was what to do if I go into labor earlier. We decided to go ahead and do a trial of labor as long as the baby and I look good and to try that. It may happen, it may not, but it's super hard for me to consent to elective surgery again when I have the option to potentially not have surgery. I mean why submit myself to that if I might not have to? Given what's happening with extended family, it would be much easier if I didn't also have to recovery from a major surgery. :)

So all in all I am happy about the appointment. I still think Lily will bloom earlier than the due date, but time will tell. OKay I am falling asleep..time to end this and get a nap! I'll try to post a photo of Lily later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment