Previous to this venture ALL the baby stuff, the office stuff and the guest bedroom stuff was well... STUFFED into that front room. We are still working on painting the baby room closet and doors so it has to be in there before we can move it all back where it belongs. Right now we have the couch, changing table and crib in the baby room (now that we moved the above mentioned desk out). Soon we'll move in the glider and ottoman into the room from the living room.
But... there are a few projects left to be done. Just so I can keep track of them, I will blog some of them.
Eric's jobs:
- Paint the baby room closet
- Spot stain the crib (There are scratches in it, remember we got it from Craigslist)
- Stain the changing table
- Repurpose the tall cheap old book case by cutting it in half and painting it to go in the baby room.
- Finish the hallway hardwood flooring (We are almost done, just need one corner to go!)
If those jobs are done, I'll be a happy woman. :) Now onto my current projects:
- Find/Purchase baskets to put baby toys in the above mentioned book case.
- Organize the office/guest bedroom
- Make a birth plan
- Start packing hospital bags for me, the baby (including take home outfit) and my husband.
Sewing projects:
- Attempt to sew up some baby leg socks: http://www.ehow.com/how_2189814_make-baby-legwarmers.html
- Re-purpose a bag I bought at value village into a diaper bag (If this fails, I may just purchase one. )
- Create some cute baby shoes: http://stardustshoes.blogspot.com/2006/10/cloth-shoe-pattern.html
- MAYBE learn to crochet and make a baby beanie hat like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/41158670/0-to-3-months-baby-brimmed-beanie-hat
Things left to get for the baby: (This list is to help me keep track)
- Around 24 cotton (non-bleached Indian cotton preferably) prefold cloth diapers. We'll use these in our G-diapers as liners. They are like this:http://www.amazon.com/OsoCozy-Indian-Prefold-Diapers-Unbleached/dp/B000TZVW9E Although I am searching Craigslist for a good deal on them.
- Hygenikit for my breast pump:
- Ergo carrier so both Eric and I can carry around the baby:
- Spin and Dry Rack to help sterilize bottles
- Baby Monitor, so we can hear the baby wherever in the house we're at. :)
- Travel Crib of some sort with a bassinet so we can take the baby on trips
- Baby Car mirror and sun shade
- Thirsties Duo Wrap diapers in Medium and Large
- Cloth Wipes Warmer
- Wet bag for cloth diapers/wipes
As you can see, we've pretty much got what we need already for the baby. With the exception of the baby monitor, wipes warmer, spin and dry rack and potentially baby mirror, we're set for this little one to arrive. Once we get the room painted and organized, we'll really be ready! :) I just gotta get motivated, create more checklists and get things done!
No comments:
Post a Comment