Mar 17, 2010

We got a crib!


Well that didn't take long, but we have a crib! Here's the story... I've been looking at craigslist for a while now at crib prices because I knew other friends got great deals on them. Plus, I am kinda different than a lot of first time moms and just wanted a used crib instead of a brand new one. I figure in the long run I'd rather have people (and us) invest money in travel type items for the baby (car seat, stroller, baby backpacks, travel crib...etc) than a huge expensive crib.

On Sunday I was looking online in the Tacoma Craigslist postings and saw one for $60. It was pretty much the exact type I'd hoped for and wished for but didn't think I'd ever get. There was one catch though, it had to be picked up THAT DAY. Well...as you may know I live in Oregon, and that means I couldn't really get up there easily. So... I made sure with Eric that this one was one he was comfortable with and that he wanted to and it was and I called my parents.

I called and it turned out that my mom had the day off, something that NEVER happens! Seriously, if you knew how much she worked, you'd know what a rarity this was. I kinda felt bad about asking them knowing this, but also knew it could be the perfect time. I had them look at the picture and posting and they said they'd check it out for me and if it was good that they'd pick it up for me. I thanked them!

They went and I guess came to this guys old house, they told me something about stairs and then having to go down into this guys basement (CREEPY!) and that it was in a corner. They knew right away that we got a deal so they got it! It's at their place right now but I am VERY excited to see it at the end of this month.

The picture above was on the guys craigslist post. I guess it looks really good in person. It doesn't include the mattress which is QUITE alright with me! I want a new mattress for my baby. :) No gross used ones! It wouldn't have the skirt thing either.

I looked online and I guess this crib costs somewhere between $300-400 dollars! So we got a fabulous deal! Praise God!

1 comment: