I had my appointment today with my doctor. She had a high school student with her checking out what she does. They asked me before my appointment if I was okay with this, and after a little teeny hesitation, I said it was okay. I figure this gal wants to be in the medical field someday, it'd be okay. Who knows how God would use the appointment to make an impression on her life. :)
The doc said hi and told me that all the labs came back great! I am not a carrier of cystic fibrosis, I am immune to German Measles, I don't have that cat germ, and all my labs looked great. She said the ultrasound also looked wonderful. They said everything looked healthy down there and that there was no reason to think that the baby would have any issues! Praise God!
She checked for the heart beat and after moving the wand around a little we found it! I heard it for a few seconds and then the baby moved and we couldn't find it. BUT that's okay! I just wanted to hear it!
She did an internal exam and saw that I have some cells that are growing outside my uterus or cervix or something that normally grow inside. She said that shouldn't affect the pregnancy but might explain some of the bleeding. The bleeding also could have been from some vessel inside bursting or something. BUT all is well!
So I go back in two weeks (with Eric probably) to hear the heart beat. Then I'll have an appointment once a month.
But..my baby is alive! Praise God! Life is so precious and fragile as it is, I am so excited this little life in mine is growing. :)
hooray! That is fantastic news! God is so good! I am glad that the doctor was able to confirm everything for you, so that you can rest a little easier! :) I will continue to pray for you and baby!! :) Congrats! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, that's WONDERFUL news!!! I wonder, was it early Endometriosis your doctor found? I had a friend who had that, and it was very painful for her. :(
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete