This weekend was Christmas and this year we spent it up in Washington with my (Kristine's) parents. We stopped along the way to my great uncle jack and great aunt ruth's house because my parents were visiting there, and we don't have a key to get into their house without them. Jenna had a good time meeting uncle jack and aunt ruth. They both got to hold her for a bit, which was nice. I got a picture of my aunt ruth holding her. :)
I think I might cut to the chase in case Jenna wakes up while I am writing. (This seems to happen a lot...) I was holding Jenna in the family room of my parents house and we were visiting with my brother Adam. I let Jenna walk up me and she was doing her normal cooing. Lately she's been REALLY watching how I speak to try to replicate it. Well as she was walking up me, I was talking to her and I said,"Hi Jenna" and she said, "Hi!" in response! I was in shock and asked Adam if he had heard what I just heard. He did! She cooed some more and walked up and I thought hmm... this might be a fluke. Later on in that day she almost said Hello and different versions of hi that weren't as clear.
The next day I was visiting in the same room with my mom. I had Jenna walking up me (cause she loves to climb and walk up me) and I said,"Hi" and she responded,"Hi". I asked my mom if she heard what I just heard, and she did! Jenna again proceeded to say versions of hi, but they weren't as clear. :)
So yes, I think I can count her first word as,"Hi" at three and a half months because she said it twice in context. She's definitely a thinker and tries very hard to figure things out. She might not use clear words on a consistent basis yet, but they are coming!

No comments:
Post a Comment