Jul 10, 2010

Great Deals today!

Well today was a day of great deals. My hubby and I walked down the street to a yard sale and we got a sweet cutting board with a drain thing on the end for $2.00. It was a great deal!

This morning I decided to check out what gliders were on the Craigslist. I saw several. Most had the weird green design with the dots in it...you've probably seen it if you've ever searched for gliders on craigslist. The price range for those were typically $30-$80 or more depending. I e-mailed a few people and then I saw a listing for a glider and ottoman for $20. Only there was no picture. I e-mailed the person to see if they still had it for sale and they did. We e-mailed back and forth and Eric and I decided to go up there and look at it in Portland. Well I am glad we did! When we got there and looked at it, I was thrilled. It's comfortable and comes with an ottoman. It's tan as well. Here's a picture of it:

As you can see it's pretty nice for $20! It's SUPER comfortable too! I am so happy that we got it! After we got done with that we went to a store called Bella Stella in Portland. It's a great store that sells used stuff. We went there and looked at their cloth diapers to see what they had. Well we found some g diapers that were $5 each! They normally are $16! They also had two bags of g diaper refills (the disposable/flushable/compostible inserts for the diapers). One bag had 40 refills and that was $8 (normally $15) and an open one that looked pretty full for $5. So we bought three Medium diapers and one small diaper, the best ones out of the bunch and bought the small refills. A great deal! After we went to another consignment store and looked at cloth diapers and we bought a Moby wrap at regular price! Here's a picture of the loot:

After we got the stuff we went and got some stuff for Eric, we went to Woodburn so I could look at Sundresses. Unfortunately I didn't find what I needed there...so we went to the dreaded Salem Center location. At least this time I had Eric with me!

We walked into Motherhood Maternity and low and behold...the same crazy employee was there! She is the pushy one that basically talked with me the WHOLE time I was there last time and tried to sell me EVERYTHING in the store. This time Eric was there.. to my surprise and kinda shock she said, "Welcome back Kristine". I maybe said my name to her once... so that was kinda creepy. She went on to try to sell me a few things, but luckily there were others there for her to prey upon. :) I tried on a few dresses and found a couple that worked. I was glad to have Eric there to give me his opinion and to fend off the lady. However, she still tried to give him stuff to have me try on. We laughed about that.. when I got out she again tried to sell me some bras, but I declined again.

All in all it was a great day for deals! :) Ending the night watching a movie with my hubby with my feet up. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment