May 18, 2010

24 week ultrasound.

We had a 24 week ultrasound today so that they could get the images of the heart they need. I got there early like normal and drank a lot of orange juice ahead of time to try to help the baby to be more active...although honestly that's never been a problem for us! Our little one is quite the mover all the time it seems.

Eric came and sat by me and I thought that our appointment was at 8:45 but the receptionist said it was 9am! Drank too much too soon and was sitting there wishing I was in the bathroom! To our surprise the tech came right around 8:45 and took us into the ultrasound room. This time I had to wear the weird gown, but I wasn't bothered by it. I laid down and the tech came in.

She was very nice and friendly. She checked around and saw the heart and checked the heart beat and it was 143bpm and beating quite well. She checked the brain and growth and everything looked great! She first checked to see the gender for us but the baby's legs were closed. I think the second time the leg was in the way...the last time though she checked before we left and the baby's heel was right where we needed to see! Seriously this baby is some contortionist! I moved around and we checked and the heel was STILL in the way.

This baby is determined not to let us see what we need. Which honestly is okay with me! All we cared about was that the baby is healthy. So far they still think it's a girl and we do too. We'll be calling her Jennavieve (Jenna) until September! If we get girl stuff at the shower we'll save it until then and either give it to our friend who's definitely having a girl in October or save it for baby #2. :) We are still pretty sure it's a girl though!

Here are some photos of our little one:


This might not be too clear...but I think the arms are positioned the same as the other photos. :)
This is my FAVORITE photo! Here you'll see the baby's rib cage and see it's right arm over it's chest. The other hand was by her lips. :)


In the picture above you can see the face. Her left hand was by her face and her right hand was on her chest I think.


1 comment:

  1. You got some wonderful baby pictures! So happy for you and glad that all is well!
    Shanna

    ReplyDelete