May 3, 2010

22 week doctor's appointment

We had the doctor's appointment today and Eric actually went with me this time. Which was good because he got to meet the doctor. The doc came in and told us the ultrasound results and it seems that everything is going great, fabulous even with the baby's growth in all areas. She said that I only gained a lb since last time and my weight is right on track for me to actually lose weight when the baby is born, which is a goal. I am not starving myself, so no worries! I am just not pigging out just because I am pregnant!

The other ultrasound results weren't in yet so the doc had her nurse call the radiology place to get a faxed report. Turns out the baby still wasn't positioned right to be able to get good heart photos, and they want us to go back in two weeks to see if the baby will move then. The doc says she doesn't think anything is wrong, it's just that the baby is not positioned good enough for them to get good heart shots. She thinks since everything else is doing so well, she doesn't see a problem. She said if they found a problem they would have called her right away as well. So it's just that our baby is a little camera shy. The doc also said that we shouldn't count on the baby being a girl right now, and to continue to get gender neutral stuff. So keep your receipts friends or give us a gift receipt! :)

The doc checked the heartbeat and it was in the upper 140's to mid 150's. I can't remember the exact thing. It could have been 154, I am uncertain. :) The back was kicking hard and moving around so the doc says we might have quite the active little one on our hands. Which is fine with me!

So in two weeks on May 18th we go back to get better pictures of the heart. Maybe I can persuade the tech to look down below to check the gender another time. :) We'll see! Until then we just have a cute little baby who's active not sure if it's really a girl or boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment