Mar 6, 2011

This too shall pass....

Well life as a momma has it's ups and downs. There are the times where your baby laughs and giggles and plays with you joyfully. Then there are times where all they seem to know how to do is scream and claw and kick. In those times it's important to remember that 1) God has a plan and 2)this too shall pass.

Some mothers adore the first six months of life with their little baby. They love that the baby depends on them for everything. They love everything that comes with that age. While I love my daughter, I simply can't wait for her to get a little older so I can play with her, talk with her, laugh with her and dream with her. Right now she can't talk, can sit up but hasn't figured out how to move yet so she gets frustrated all the time, cries/fusses sometimes for long stints of time and well is NOT a hugger or cuddly baby.

Some mommas get cuddly babies. You know those ones that love to snuggle and be held close. Pretty much since we got home from the hospital and she's hated swaddling, not enjoyed being hugged or being close. I always dreamed my little one would want the snuggle and cuddle, maybe that will come with our second child (in the future). For now this girl is active. Simply always wanting to be on the move and get into whatever her little hands can get a hold of. She's very intelligent and loves interaction with people, but is definitely hard to please. It kinda wears on me at times because at her age, there's only so many things you can do! (Walk around with her, sit on the floor and play with her, push her in the stroller, swing her in the swing, introduce new toys to her, sing songs with her...etc.) Once those few options run out, then creativity must take hold or else she decides she's going to be upset.

When I tell other moms that I can't wait for her to get out of this stage, they look at me in disbelief. Like somehow I don't love my daughter. They said to cherish these moments because they go so fast. It sometimes bugs me the looks I get when I say such things, but you know what... I stand by my statement. It will be SO much fun when I can teach her new words, sing WITH her not just to her, have dance parties, go exploring and discuss God with her. I think that will be the golden age for me!

Until then I have to remember it's been almost six months and I've survived. The next couple months will fly by... this too shall pass.

4 comments:

  1. I'm with you! I really ENJOY my kids past the first 6 months. Toby is in such a fun stage. My first was a very active baby and now LOVES to snuggle his mama. I too struggle with the complete dependency thing and lack of options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Kristina! I always thought 9 months was my favortie stage when they start showing a lot more personality, but it only keeps getting better! The older KaeLee gets, I seem to keep saying, "maybe THIS is my favorite stage!" It gets REALLY fun when they start learning to talk and learning new words and you get to try anf giure out what they are talking about... haha. Yeah, she may throw some good fits here and there, but she cracks me up a lot more! I think now, 18 months begins my new stage.... :) It'll be here before you know it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to let you know, I'm with you too! I've always eagerly anticipated my boys getting older so that I can interact more with them. You're right, most moms want their babies to stay babies forever. Not me. You're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete