Mar 9, 2011

Preparation

Colossians 3:23-24: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

You ever feel like God was preparing you for something? You know...allowing you to go through things so that you are more prepared for what's to come? That's kinda how I am feeling right now.

Some days I think about how we are living pretty far from my family and closest friends. I think about how it's been a little more difficult to navigate new motherhood without much family nearby and with friends that are mom's but also work. I think about how it's sometimes hard to have the baby the entire day while Eric goes to work and then again when he comes home and needs to work some more on school, bible and flying stuff. I think about how everything related to the house is now my responsibility on top of having a little baby. As you can see... I think about a lot of things.

But with this time period that's harder, I realize, God must be working in me to help prepare me for something more in the future. Nothing happens in this world for a reason. Of this I am certain. Maybe God is transforming me into a strong mother and wife. Maybe God is preparing me for missionary work in the future and all these things that have happened in my life are leading up to long term separation from family and friends as well as having to solely rely on Eric and myself to take care of the children. (We hope to have one more child in the next couple years) Also sometimes lately it seems Miss J is sick and we have to stay home from church. So God has been working in us on how to "go to church" while being at home.

I don't know what God's preparing me for, but I will follow obediently until I see where He leads me. Be that a long-term missionary or something else. Sometimes the joy is in the journey, that's what I have to remember. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment