Apr 11, 2013

Ultimate Blog Party 2013!!!

Ultimate Blog Party 2013
http://www.5minutesformom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/UBP-2013_500px.jpg

It's time for the ULTIMATE BLOG PARTY from 5minutesformom.com. I can't believe I almost forgot about it. It's sometime I like to do every year because it's fun to check out other people's blogs and get to know them. Plus well...winning things is always nice.

Let me introduce myself for those that are new to this blog.
 My name is Kristine and I have a wonderful husband named Eric and a now two and a half year old named Jenna.
Currently I am pregnant with what will be my second born baby (fourth pregnancy). We don't know what gender it will be, but hope to find out soon! This blog is where I write about my life with my little one and my pregnancy stuff as well as hopes, dreams...you know.. that kinda stuff. Right now we live in Washington State. We just moved up here from Oregon almost a year ago for my husband's job. It's not easy moving and transitioning with a two year old and being pregnant, but it's sure interesting. I like to blog about my interesting days right here. :)


Most days in Washington seem dreary...

But when it's nice, it can be really pleasant to live here.

I've found fun groups of mom friends to hang out with and go on adventures with. There are also a lot of farms here to pick produce. Here's a pic of my little lady picking strawberries:

We've also picked blueberries, squash, potatoes and other fun fruits and veggies. This year we're hoping to grow our own as well. It's never too early to teach children where food comes from.  Once I am settled in our new place, I hope to start the many many many Pinterest projects I have waiting for me. Here are a few:
http://pinterest.com/pin/55450639134429268/
Bubble dress: patterns and tutorial

Felt Bandaids
Felt bandaids made with velcro so they can be stuck to stuffed animals.

Felt Book
felt book tutorial...there are also a lot of free patterns!

Any many many more things. I also love to cook so I am getting back into making fun recipes I find on Pinterest too. Here are a few I've made recently:
Cranberry Apple Chicken Salad via Ari's Menu
http://arismenu.com/cranberry-apple-chicken-salad/

Ultra-Crispy Roast Potatoes | Serious Eats : Recipes
Crispy Potatoes
http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2011/11/ultra-crispy-roast-potatoes-recipe.html

Chicken, Kale, Black Bean, Roasted Butternut Squash, and Avocado EnchiladasChicken, Kale and Sweet Potato Enchiladas. YUM.
http://www.andwhatiate.com/2013/01/chicken-black-bean-kale-roasted.html

There are many many pins I have on Pinterest of projects and things I am interested. If you'd like to follow me, you can @ http://pinterest.com/live4adventure/

Aside from my cooking, baby making and sewing aspirations, my family is super interested in other cultures and helping out as we can. Right now we are sponsoring a little guy from Indonesia through Compassion International. http://www.compassion.com/  We feel it's a great way to help our daughter gain cultural awareness while in the States and to help out a very deserving little guy and his family. I would highly recommend it. We get letters from our little guy and send him letters in return as well as paying to allow him to get valuable enrichment activities and training as he gets older. If you have any questions about it, please feel free to contact me!

My husband and I also are very interested in mission aviation. What's that you ask? Well it's using airplanes to go into areas that have no roads or are virtually inaccessible by any other means to deliver: food, medicine, people and other aid as well as practically sharing with people what we believe as Christians Jesus has called us to do, which is love others and share with them the hope they can have in Jesus. No matter your background, no matter your religion, I think we can all agree that mission aviation is much needed in remote areas to help bring food and supplies in. An organization we're working on joining is called Mission Aviation Fellowship. http://maf.org/  They are in multiple countries are really are saving and changing lives through the use of aviation and technology. I'd highly suggest checking them out. :)

Well I shouldn't make this post too long, but I hope you decide to follow me via the options to the side of the page so we can keep in touch. Let me know that you've visited via the Ultimate Blog Party and I'll visit you too! I love getting to know new people and hearing more about their lives!

Love,
Kristine


3 comments:

  1. Hi!! New follower here, I found you on the UBP13! Your blog is absolutely amazing! I am a new blogger and hope you can come by and follow me at http://mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kristine! I enjoyed meeting you through #UPB13. I love the chicken salad recipe, that looks fantastic. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to "meet" you here! Stopping by from the blog party! I love Compassion as well! I learned that if sponsoring a child just isn't in the budget, you can be assigned a child who is already sponsored but who doesn't receive letters and you can serve that child through communication. What a great program! I had never heard of aviation missions before. How cool!
    Blessings!
    Audra
    http://audramichelle.com

    ReplyDelete