We are trying to sleep train the little one and it's been tricky. I am SO tired of reading book after book on different methods. I've decided just to do what feels right for me and my little girlie. It gets hard when she's sick or now teething because she wakes in pain. Plus I've run out of overnight diapers so that's hard too! I really need to buy more so she doesn't wake as easily. But that's for another day.
Lately I've decided that I want to set a good example for my daughter. I know, crazy right? I didn't really remember growing up reading the bible every morning or doing devotions, but I know I want my daughter to have those habits and patterns. Every morning we'll read her bible and she'll get a lesson in Portuguese and Swahili (because those are the language books I have right now that are close to a language we might learn in the future depending on where we go with MAF) I started this before but I kinda slacked off for a few months. No more! She LOVES books so I need to read them to her. :)
Right now I am slacking and writing this while she watches Sid the Science kid and bounces happily in her bouncer. I know I wanted to do the no television thing, but I figure she's hearing continual language from it (or the radio) and I only watch shows that are either kid shows or comedies. She loves text and it does help once in a while when I need it. Because honestly, there's only so much we can do and play right now! I can't wait until she's a little older and we can do some fun crafts, games and songs. I am trying to enjoy this phase though! :)
Okay.... I think I need to jet, the show is almost over!
Blessings,
Kristine
No comments:
Post a Comment