I simply cannot believe it's been six months since we were in the hospital. Sometimes it seems like yesterday, then other days it seems like it was ages ago! This past month you've grown leaps and bounds developmentally. I think one thing that's most notable is your ability to sit by yourself and play by yourself on the floor for a good 10-15 minutes. This may not seem long, but believe me it is! You are beginning to be able to entertain yourself and that's awesome. I love the little person you're becoming.
Because we are so busy daily, it's hard to recall every single thing that happened within this month. We did start solid food. Well when I say solid I mean watery food, but it's definitely different than milk! So far you love all the foods you've tried (Butternut Squash, Sweet Potatoes, Sweet Peas and Zuchinni). Your favorite is the Butternut Squash. I made sure to make up a bunch of that in the freezer. I am not sure what we'll try next...maybe carrots? I want to start you on all the basic veggies and then build on that. We won't have fruits for a little bit. If we do, we might start you on apples or pears.
This past month it seems you've been sick every week with maybe a week in-between when you weren't sick. It seems every time we go to the church nursery you get a cold from there. It could just be a coincidence, but I want my baby to be healthy! It makes me sad to hear you coughing at night or have you upset because your nose constantly runs. Plus you tend to choose to wipe your nose on everything, including my shirts. Now I love you but, um, that's gross. I'd like to be able to wear the same clothes most of the day. Granted I just kinda go with the flow and let the spit up or snot dry. Yes I know you think it's gross but why dirty another shirt or pants? You'll understand when you have kids of your own someday.
This month you really seem to get excited when Daddy comes home. There's a sense of joy on your face when he notices you and puts you on his shoulders. That's your absolute favorite place to be! Oh speaking of Daddy...this month you saw him get baptized! How special is that! It's like he wanted to wait until you came into his life to show you how much he loves the Lord. You did great at the baptism and even met Karen, Brock's wife. That was fun! She gave us a great lullaby CD. I hope we'll use it a lot because it's very relaxing.
Lately I've been trying to learn how to sew you different things. So far I've made you: headbands, leggings, leg warmers, shoes/slippers and two dresses. I've figured out a pattern and am going to make you more dresses soon. I just love seeing you in a dress! You are so pretty! You're growing more hair too and that's exciting! Soon we'll be able to put little clips in your hair! Yay!
We went to the doctor and you got your six month checkup and shots. Here are your stats: Height 25 3/4" (53rd percentile), Weight 15lbs 13 oz (47th percentile) and Head Circum 46.1 cm (95+ percentile). You still have a huge head, but we are hoping that'll even out in the next few months. I keep saying that just means you are a smartie. :) You are one intelligent, expressive little girl and we love you!
Love Always,
Momma
No comments:
Post a Comment