Feb 3, 2011

A Banner Day



As I sit here trying to figure out how to blog this, I am at a loss for words. Today was a fabulous day! I was able to go to the Mom's group and had Jenna in the nursery at church. She did great and even took a nap there. When we got home I fed her then we were off to Winco.

At Winco I put her in my front pack because she was too active to just sit in a car seat. The moment we stepped away from the car, the stares started. Everyone was looking at us. It was kinda like that Inception movie, but in a good way. Actually, I should say everyone wasn't looking at US they were looking at Jenna. When we got into Winco the stares continued and people stopped to comment on how beautiful she was and how cute she was. Perfect strangers stopped from their grocery shopping to come look at Jenna and smile and talk to me. It was surreal. Jenna, decided to step it up a notch and held onto the grocery cart handle with me. When I stopped to let some people look at her cause they were commenting about her I tried to step back from the cart but Jenna held on and pulled the loaded cart back! Then we got the stares of amazement at how strong she is.

One teenage girl was overwhelmed with emotion and came over to us and said how Jenna was the most beautiful baby she'd ever seen. She wanted to hold Jenna's hand and talk to Jenna. So, against my better judgement I let her. Jenna smiled at the girl and the girl was overjoyed. (No, I am seriously not exaggerating!!!) She couldn't contain herself and told her guy friend how beautiful Jenna was and everyone stopped and looked at us and smiled. It sounds like something out of a movie, it was the weirdest, nicest strangest thing ever.

Do I really have a beautiful baby? I was kinda wondering with how she was looking boyish with the short hair. But put a cute hat on her and she charms even the hardest of hearts. People who looked angry were smiling. Kids even stopped to notice.

When we got home she was asleep. Apparently her feats of strength wore her out. She took a 2 hour nap and I had time not only to put away the groceries, but to bake a loaf of zucchini bread (in the bread maker mind you, I am still bad at baking). I played around with the webcam features, chatted with a friend and all around was in a fabulous mood. When Jenna woke up I fed her and she was a bundle of joy for the next hour until Eric came home. Then she was great with him while I ate.

Seriously.... a banner day. No one would have known this was the same girl that screamed at me most of the day yesterday, was super fussy and made me want to pull my hair out! It's days like today that make the horrible ones like yesterday worth it. Praise God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment