Feb 22, 2010

Well this has been one roller coaster of a day!

We went to get my ultrasound done at Silverton Hospital. They told me to drink 32 ounces of water beforehand so my bladder was full and IT WAS FULL. So full seriously it hurt to walk. I had to wait the long wait before getting in there. The desk person at the hospital told me that I was coming for labs and an ultrasound, which confused me...but whatev.

I got those weird hospital gowns on (they had me wear two so I didn't have to worry about tying it or having air fly up the front or back! I tried to lay down on the ultrasound bed and it hurt because of my full bladder. The tech was taking some pics of my pelvic area and commented on how VERY full my bladder was. Yes... I wasn't lying! She had me empty it and then took pics with the other device. (Next sentence might be TMI! skip to next paragraph if you wish) When I emptied my bladder I had some blood so that got me worried...but what could I do.

She took some internal pictures and we got to see the baby. The monitor was taken off the wall because they were repairing it so it was just the tech's monitor. When I looked at first I didn't see a heart beat and feared the worst. I decided not to look. While Eric was concentrating on the monitor I decided to concentrate on him. I saw a little smile on his face which made me wonder so I looked over and the tech had it concentrated on the heart area and there the heart was beating away! She turned on the sound and we heard it too. Yay!

She measured the baby and it grew! It is currently at 12 weeks and 5 days growth where as I am supposed to be at 12 weeks 2 days. So that's great! We could see it's little hands and feet. She didn't give us any photos, but that's okay.

We got a call from the doc not too long after and they said everything looks great. The baby looks great. They said the bleeding I had could be just some burst vessel because of the massive amounts of blood flowing down there for the baby. I go in for a visit next week and I am sure the doc will check on everything.

We are just Praising God the baby is okay! That's all we care about. I can deal with a little bodily fluids as long as my baby is okay! Let's keep praying for this little one!


No comments:

Post a Comment