Jul 3, 2012

A fresh start

It's almost been a year since we were at Mission Aviation Fellowship and since we're taking a break, I thought it would be nice to revisit this blog a little. I plan on becoming way more active as a blogger mom. I'm hoping to share my adventures in cooking, sewing, gardening and this little life in mine called Jenna. :) 

Right now it's been about two months since we've moved to Washington from Oregon, yet it feels like we are still living down there because we're working hard to get our house ready to sell. If anyone is looking to buy in Oregon, contact us! Most of my week is spent figuring out how to be a mommy with my 21 month daughter Jenna. She's quite energetic and delightful, but it's not easy being a mom. I thought my days would be spent continuing to cook fabulous meals while teaching my daughter stuff from an early age. I had thoughts on how I would parent and what I definitely would NOT let her do early, and honestly a lot of that has been thrown out the window. As a parent you just do what you have to do to get through the day and hope that your child gleans something useful from it.

I'm working on being a more organized mom because I feel that if I can get my act together and actually plan things, it's going to save my sanity and help my daughter progress further in life. We'll see how this works! One thing I thought about before having kiddos was how can anyone afford it? Then I realized over the past almost two years that it's not that you have any more money than before, it's that you learn to sacrifice. Being a parent is definitely learning to sacrifice your own wants and needs for that of your child. If you cannot, you have no place being a parent. That's really the dividing line between those who should be parents, and those who shouldn't. Are you willing to sacrifice your needs and desires for the good of your child? 

I think we all have good days and bad. I know some days I wish I could just go out of the house and do something on my own like read at a coffee place without having to bring my daughter along. Heck, even grocery shopping could be enjoyable without a toddler on the verge of a tantrum. Gone are the days that I could watch whatever on tv or just go to a movie or out to eat with my husband. Now I've got to think about what's best for my daughter, and that is having a mom that is conscious of how her decisions affect her children (child in my case) and honestly... I don't mind it at all. 

In my next post I hope to show you how I used an old pair of pants to make an apron for my daughter. :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment