Mar 15, 2012

It's been a LONG while!

I was taking things over to "Taking off with the Reeds" for a while, and got super busy with ministry partnership stuff, but since that's on hold right now... I have time to blog again! :)

My little one is 18 months now. Amazing. Seriously I don't know what happened. Well actually I kinda do, but it's still amazing that she is such a fun, adorable, clever little one. You'd think with travelling as much as we did in the past year and unfortunately watching as much television as we ended up watching she'd be stunted somehow, but she continually surprises me.

She turned 18 months on Monday and we have her 18 month appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I am curious as to what he'll say. I know I've been amazed at all the milestones she's met. Sometimes I don't even know the exact time she meets them. I just randomly decide one day to ask her to do things or say things and she says them.

Right now she babbles rather than talks. I think that's pretty normal. She can say a variety of words when she feels like it and quite a few animal sounds. I am not really surprised with her lack of sentences because Eric and I don't talk a ton when we're at home. We both are quieter people, so it would make sense that the little one is quieter too. I am making an effort to get her to play groups so she can be around other kiddos, and I think that is really helping things to progress. I am also trying to read to her more.

The other day she surprised me by saying "night night" when she pulled out her Goodnight Gorilla book. That was about a month ago. For a few months she's been saying, "Amen" after we pray with her at night. That's especially sweet. She LOVES the cat. So she'll pull Eric towards the garage and just meow at him to let him know she wants to see the cat. Anytime she sees a cat she meows. I wish I liked cats more! But I don't. Anyone want a cat before she gets way too attached?

Our daughter is a techie baby for sure. She loves computers and gadgets like her parents. Several times we've given her our cell phones and she's either tried to call someone or txt them. One time when she snuck into the office she started writing an e-mail....an e-mail at 1 1/2 years old. I know this type of technical skill would make other parents shudder. But we welcome it. I like that she knows how to turn things on. I like that she is growing in all her skills. We are monitoring things of course, and don't let her have free reign over everything. She knows boundaries, or well... is learning them.

I can't wait until we find out where Eric's going to work next. Then we can all feel more settled. This being in limbo is definitely hard on our whole family. Hopefully we find out this week! I'll write more when I can. It's kinda hard with both laptops down and when my husband needs to use this computer. As great as the iPad is... it's not the same as a REAL computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment