Things have been busy with the Reed household. I am debating on whether to merge our two blogs into one since our family will soon be missionaries with MAF. That's right.. we are just a two week step away from becoming full-time missionaries with Mission Aviation Fellowship.
In case you don't follow my other blog, "Taking off with the Reeds" our family just got back from two weeks of evaluations with Mission Aviation Fellowship and we passed! This summer we go back for Candidacy and at that time they will show us more about their organization and show us the opportunities to serve. By the end of the two weeks we should have a country! Praise God! Then we do some other trainings and after that we full-time fundraise until all support is met. Sometime within that time we'd also like to have a second child, but I am not pregnant and won't be until maybe next January or something. We're still working out timing details.
I still need to write Jenna's letters....she's so busy these days that time flies by! She's crawling, pulling herself up on things and eating solids. She also babbles a lot. Right now she's got a stomach bug, which isn't so fun for anyone!
But the real reason I am writing is that since it's just me and baby I need an avenue for my thoughts! Today I went to Winco and walked there. Since it's a great day (and Jenna's not 100%) I put on the hiking baby carrier and was on my way. I got the usual What the ? looks, some smiles but most again had never seen a hiking carrier before. It was today, well it was last time too, but today I realized that when you become a mom...you have no shame.
What do I mean by this? Well things that before would make you think twice before leaving the house, you don't care about. Say there's a stain on your shirt that happened right before you are going to leave and you have your kid packed up.... you leave. Who cares if people see you in a stained shirt? Or today when I was walking around in the crazy looking carrier. Yes I could do the more fashionable front pack...but 1) It hurts my back 2) Jenna doesn't last long in it and 3) it doesn't have sun protection for Jenna. The hiking pack is definitely the better choice because: Jenna loves it, it has sun protection and my back thanks me. So what if people stare at me like I am some crazy woman. I don't care! :)
There are other things like this as well. You just do what you can and try your best. That's really all you can do as a mom...or even a human being! Sometimes getting out is worth not having things perfect. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment