*A few days/week/ I can't remember later.....
Okay here I am back again and determined to make a post. Things have been quite busy in the Reed household. To recap, we've got a Christmas tree now. We went last Sunday to get it from Century Farms in Oregon near St. Paul. We love going to that place because essentially all you have to do is point to the tree you want and they cut it down, put it on a tractor, take you back to the shed/barn area, shake it , bail it and put it in your car...all included in the price! It was the perfect place to go when you have a little one because it's hard enough wrangling her!
Jenna did great at the Christmas tree farm. I had her in my front pack with the fleece cover on it to keep her warm. It was sunny and VERY bright out there. Kinda the blinding sun that's on you wherever you go. I don't really like that sun, and neither did Jenna. I had to try to hide behind the shade of trees to appease her. It took us a while to find the right tree, but we finally did. It's a Noble Fir and just the perfect size for our house. I'll post a photo of it fully decorated soon.
In other news, Thanksgiving in WA went well. Jenna met a ton of family and friends and did relatively well considering she was tossed back and forth from person to person. It was quite tiring to momma, but we were blessed that she decided to sleep through the night there as well. I was very afraid she would be up every few hours. I still was kinda freaking out the first night because she was in the pack and play and since they didn't have a sheet, they put a bunch of receiving blankets down and of course she crumpled them up all around her. So halfway through the night when I fed her I pulled out all the blankets except one and I felt better about that.
She enjoyed meeting my best friend Sarah's little girl Elena and niece Valerie. She REALLY loved meeting my best friend Lael. She was so happy and smiley!
She slept in the car all the way from Keizer-Chehalis (where I fed her), then from Chehalis to Gig Harbor...then we stopped near Port Orchard so I could feed her. On the way home we stopped at Nikki's house so she could meet lil' Jenna. Then we went from there the back way. It was snowing and the roads were kinda sketch, but we made it to Shelton and I fed her there. Then it was to home through heavy snow, so we took our time. We were ahead of the storm until we stopped in Centralia where it caught up with us again. We made it home safely though!
Thanksgiving in Oregon....not so much of a great time for Jenna. We changed docs to one in town and got Jenna her shots the day before Thanksgiving. I had moms tell me how hard it was to see their kids in pain, and I didn't think it would be that hard for me until it happened and man...that was hard! Especially since she had to get poked three times! THREE. In those three injections were a load of shots. It was super hard to watch her in pain and I nursed her afterwards. That didn't help much and she cried most of the way home. Later on that day we had to go to Eric's family for Thanksgiving, not a good idea.
She had been doing fine until we got there. I think it was just too much for her to handle with her little body hurting. So she cried and screamed and cried and I finally decided it was time for tylenol. Only...we didn't have any! Oops. Eric went out and got some while I sat holding my baby and had his family staring at me. Now, I can't go into detail here about what I was feeling, but if you want to know... feel free to ask me. :) Eric came back with the tylenol and that seemed to help a little after a while, but she still was crabby. Long story short, that night we went home later and came back the next day for a do-over. She was a much happier baby then and we had a better Thanksgiving with his family. If you want the full story, ask me some time. It's a doosie.
It's been one roller coaster of a month. I was feeling down about myself for how I was looking. I am kinda frustrated that I have to wear glasses again. My right eye just isn't accepting contacts like it used to, so it's back to glasses for another month or so until I can get in to get it looked at. Then my hair was a mess....which didn't help things either. Sometimes it felt like why try you know? So to help my mood, I decided to get my hair cut. Something I hadn't done in almost a year! I couldn't believe it'd been that long.... guess I was too pregnant and then busy with a little one to notice. But I got it cut and I feel much better. I have a cut that looks good with glasses so I can feel a little better about myself again. Yay. :)
I figure in the next week or so I can go into depth about Jenna and her milestones since she'll be turning three months soon! I can't wait!
Okay, that's about all the time I have to spare to blog! It's a good thing I type fast! I have a feeling she'll be waking up soon.
Blessings and Love,
Kristine
No comments:
Post a Comment